Desperate "Humor" On Filipino Medical Practitioners



Well, I'm glad many Filipinos world wide reacted to this slur at a recent episode of Desperate Housewives.

I strongly believe that this is an insult to us filipinos especially to our medical practitioners. My mom and dad are both working as dentists and they are considered as medical practitioners, and that's how they send me to a good but expensive school and they are breaking their back in doing so. And here comes that derogatory remark from desperate housewives. Parang minamaliit nila yung mga magulang ko na naghihirap sa pagpapaaral sa amin magkakapatid.

I believe that we filipinos are good medical practitioners. I see that in my parents. I see their passion and excellence for their chosen career.

For the fil-ams who reacted violently to this issue, I'm glad that you have not forgotten your roots. I was touched while reading the newspaper because of the fact that Fil-Ams were reacting violently against the slur. I felt my spine tingle because of the sense of nationalism the Fil-Ams have showed and it is very nice to know that many filipinos world wide still have that sense of nationalism towards our country.

Nationalism is what our country needs right now and all the rest will follow.

0 comments: